What is Two Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) is considered as Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) and it is a security mechanism to enhance the security level of user authentication by using one more factor. Traditionally, 2FA uses two out of three types of factors before accessing the services. The three types are:
1) Something you know, such as password or passphase
2) Something you have, such as phone or token
3) Something you are, such as biometric like a fingerprint or voice print
Which services have been applied 2FA?
Under the current plan, 2FA is applied to the following VTC applications via External access:
1) VTC Virtual Private Network
2) Webmail Service
3) Microsoft Office 365 (e.g. Teams, OneDrive)